Thursday, May 1, 2014

My Point of View

Some folks may think I have "I"-trouble, and to be honest with you, I (there it is again) am not entirely sure that I don't. I do, however, try to stay away from that sort of thing, and do a little ego exam now and again. The truth is, compared to the design God used at the beginning of all of this -- time, breath, life -- we are all egomaniacal fiends. He is worthy of our service, our worship, our dedication, and our devotion. None of us should glory in anything we've done. None of us should be wrapped up in "getting the credit." None of us should ever forget...it's not about us!

That being said, I tend to write from my perspective -- a lot. This is a blog, after all, a log of my choosing to be forever transcribed on the winds of the worldwide web. I have so much to say, mostly about the things that God has done for me. Maybe they are of interest to others, and maybe they are not, but I believe that even the smallest wonders do not exist as some entitlement, and I do not believe we can earn them. I believe they are gifts -- that life is a gift -- and my desire is to shout it from every venue at my disposal. If it seems I fixate on myself and my life, it is because I value all God has given me, and I could never say enough about it. It never ceases to amaze, how much He loves me.

I'd like that sort of amazement to be yours as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment