Monday, May 27, 2013

When Two Worlds Collide

We were made to grieve.  We were made for joy.  Memorial Day is the epitome of these truths.

Ecclesiastes 3:4 says there is a "time to cry and a time to laugh. A time to grieve and a time to dance."  What grief to know that young men and women, on their last tour before retiring safely stateside or just beginning their young lives, with babies or just "babies" themselves, have given their very lives so that I can sit on my sofa here pontificating on whatever strikes my fancy.

But what joy to know they willingly gave it all for us, that someone would find it in their hearts to do that, that someone whose name I will never know would make that sacrifice for me -- someone whose name they never knew. 

God bless those who today remember those whose names they will never forget, and God bless those who are standing in uniform waiting to make that sacrifice for us today.

No comments:

Post a Comment