Wednesday, May 22, 2013

In Other News...

So I'm sitting here waiting for my granddaughter to arrive -- Gramma's first big solo adventure -- and I'm like a kid at Christmas.  So, to take my mind off things, I decided to spend an unhealthy amount of time perusing the online "News."  And here it is... "News:"

Brad Pitt admits to drug use during his wilder early years.  But he's happy now.  Happy.  No, really happy.  Esquire magazine didn't note whether he'd jumped on any sofas while making his declaration.

A Utah mom who learned of her daughter's bullying of another girl in school, decided to ad-"dress" the Peter Pan Collar crime with a "suit"-able punishment.  (All puns thoroughly intentional.)  She forced her daughter to wear thrift store clothing to school, in order to shame her daughter into being a little kinder to folks who look, dress or act differently than she.  Hooray for Mom!  And big, fat (is that PC?) raspberries to all the psychologists who say parents "shaming" their children is bad.  "Children need to be able to trust their parents...blah, blah, blah."  I grew up trusting my parents -- trusting that when I did something right, they would be proud of me; when I did something wrong, I'd get the belt; and no matter what I did, I was loved.

The government is just as corrupt and blameworthy as it was yesterday.

Victoria Beckham wore sneakers, critics dislike Ryan Gosling's new movie, and we've all been mispronouncing GIF.  I'm not joking.

29 bars in New Jersey are corrupt.

Jodi Arias -- never mind, I can't stomach another minute of that debacle.

Oh, yeah, and some guy with supposed links to the terrorist bombing at the Boston Marathon was shot and killed.  But that story, and the follow-up on the Moore, OK devastation followed the DWTS winners and Sharon Stone's dress at yet another awards show.  Must have been a slow news day.

No comments:

Post a Comment