Wednesday, July 13, 2011

No Pain Without Promise



1 Peter 5:10
In his kindness God called you to share in his eternal glory by means of Christ Jesus. So after you have suffered a little while, he will restore, support, and strengthen you, and he will place you on a firm foundation.


Are you a believer?  I don't mean "Higher Power," though He is.  I don't mean "Mother Nature," though He is.  I don't mean "God," like some generic, one-size fits all being -- He is not!  I mean, The One True God.  The Alpha and Omega.  The Father, Son and Holy Ghost (and no, you can't pick and choose, you can't separate them).  And I'm not talking about vaguely remembering it from Sunday School, or CCD, or VBS, or MYF, or any of those other acronyms, from twenty or so years ago.  I mean have surrendered, have experienced God's grace and power in your life.  Then this promise, My Friend, is for you.

You can never/ will never experience suffering without God's timely restoration.  Be it flood, fire, financial, physical, familial (diggin' that alliteration I had goin' there, aren't you?) -- it does not matter what you have gone through/ are going through/ will go through, God promises that He will restore you, support you, strengthen you, and "place you on a firm foundation."  Promises!

Cling to that!  Embrace it.  Trust it.  Never lose it.  For God promises it!

No comments:

Post a Comment