Sunday, July 17, 2011

Look Again

My husband tells me I'm wonderful.  My husband tells me I'm beautiful.  But is it me he really sees?

Psalm 115:1 (NLT)

Not to us, O Lord, not to us,
but to your name goes all the glory
for your unfailing love and faithfulness.

God loves me enough to have given me a wonderful man like Scott.  Do I think for one moment He will not give us what it takes to make our relationship work?  No way.  God seeks to be glorified.  God deserves to be honored.  God works for His own recognition and worship.  That means, God will help me be a helpmeet to my husband.  God will help me keep my mouth shut when it does not need to be open.  God will turn my eyes toward Scott and Scott's eyes toward me.  God is changing me everyday, and I am praying that it is to be more like Him.  I have only to surrender to His way.

God placed Scott and I on this earth for each other.  So that when I look at him, I feel warm and silly inside.  So that when I am happy I have someone who appreciates my happiness, to share it with me.  So that when times get tough I have a strong man to lift me up or give me a shove in the right direction -- whichever is best at the time.

But best of all, God gave us love for each other so that when we see each other, think of each other, pray for each other, we can not do it without thanking Our Heavenly Father for His unfailing love and faithfulness.


No comments:

Post a Comment