Wednesday, May 11, 2011

The Wedding is Off!!!

Solomon brought Pharaoh’s daughter up from the City of David to the palace he had built for her, for he said, “My wife must not live in the palace of David king of Israel, because the places the ark of the LORD has entered are holy.” 2 Chronicles 8:11

I am no stranger to bad choices.  In fact, let's call it what it is -- sin.  I was not uninformed.  I was not misled.  I knew I was not where I was supposed to be.  Solomon knew he wasn't marrying someone he should be marrying; he even built her a place to live because he could not allow her to live in a place the Ark of the Covenant had been, a holy place. 

OK, Rule Number One, if your wife is so un-Godlike you can't allow her in a holy place, you might want to hold off on the nuptials. 

Rule Number Two, if she is OK with you banishing her from a holy place, you might want to hold off on the nuptials.

Rule Number Three, if you see yourself building a house for a girl who is so un-Godlike she can't be allowed in a holy place, and she's OK with that, and you are Ok with her being OK with that -- you might want to hold off on the nuptials! 


No comments:

Post a Comment