Friday, April 15, 2011

Vin, I Love Ya, But...

The shaved head... once an object of derision, a sign of old age.  Now, it is chic, BA, sexy.  But before Bruce Willis, there was Elisha.

 2 Kings 2:23-25 (The Message)
23 Another time, Elisha was on his way to Bethel and some little kids came out from the town and taunted him, "What's up, old baldhead! Out of our way, skinhead!"
24 Elisha turned, took one look at them, and cursed them in the name of God. Two bears charged out of the underbrush and knocked them about, ripping them limb from limb—forty-two children in all!
25 Elisha went on to Mount Carmel, and then returned to Samaria.

I love that verse 25 suggests Elisha stood there, watched until everyone had been eaten or had fled, and casually walked away!

Now, I love action flics, and Vin Diesel is the kind of guy sins are made of, but Elisha schooled 'em all! 


BTW, I have to be honest, I posted this picture more for myself than for its relevancy or impact -- I'm human after all!

No comments:

Post a Comment