Saturday, March 5, 2011

Today

On June 23, 2009 this is what I wrote:

Broken To Breathless: The Beginning
I have no idea what I'm doing. If this is the right thing. If this is even the smart thing to do. You hear so many stories of internet exposure (although, I don't foresee myself risking that kind of exposure) and comments taken out of context. I don't want to get carried away with this and find myself breaking the story of Brangelina-Gate or compromising who I am and what I believe for the nuances of "the blog". But I'm reaching out. I have a story to share, and what I've found as I've shared with others is that they know my story. They have lived one very similar to mine, or are trapped in a place I was, or know someone just like me. Others have shared with me their stories, and I have found bits of myself in those. If in the telling of my story, or the sharing of my thoughts I can encourage one person or extend one element of praise to the God who has made this possible and His Son Who has redeemed me, then I am doing the right thing.

God has worked for me.  I don't mean that as some understatement of His power or grace; He is not a self-help program or pill to be taken long enough to get you over the hump.  He is God Almighty, Creator of all, Savior and Redeemer, Judge.  However -- and this is a biggie, don't miss it -- HE IS LOVE!  His perfect love reached down and sought me for a relationship; He desired a relationship with me.  He desires the same for you.  If you are reading this and you remain unmoved, no questions, no convictions -- go out and enjoy the weather.  But, if you have the slightest inkling that what I'm saying could be true -- read on.

As my profile says, at some point my life was jacked up.  I've been homicidal; I've been suicidal.  I've been an addict and a Holy Roller.  I've poured myself into my relationships; I've torn them apart.  Nothing worked.  That is, until Jesus.  I can't tell you why He was a last resort, I only know I'm glad I'm here.  No disrespect to counseling or AA or retreats or medications or even church -- many times they work, some of them even by themselves.  But JESUS NEVER FAILS.

No comments:

Post a Comment