Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Mad About You!

So Madison is dying for me to write about her, which means without a doubt, a follow-up about Olivia.  No worries, plenty of room in my heart and I could write all day about each one of them.  I'm just not sure the rest of the world shares my enthusiasm -- sort of like a Power Point presentation of summer vacation, or a baby album.  So, I tried to come up with an angle, something to make a story about Madison relevant and interesting for the reader...

Madison sits in my office, staring at me from her perch on a carousel horse.  Not a real carousel horse - that would be some office -- but the one in the picture from last year's Doo Dah Parade.  Already I am looking forward to this year's.  I'm not a beach person, but Madison is, and the Doo Dah Parade is Ocean City's wacky way of signaling the beginning of the beach season.  The weather is still pretty chilly - a plus in my book, but there are plenty of the summer boardwalk treats that Madison enjoys!  We shop and laugh and enjoy the ocean breeze.  We trek through the cool clean sand to the water's edge and stick our feet in, wading just a little bit farther each time.  Madison's hair blows wildly around her face, and even though it keeps going into her mouth, she can't stop laughing and trying to shout out the roar of the waves.  Before we leave we ride the rides.  No crowds.  No lines.  We stop for dinner on the way home.  It's a quiet ride; bellies are full, the salt air and sunshine has gotten to each one of us.  Warm showers and cottony PJ's never felt so good.  Madison slides between crisp sheets and whispers, "Goodnight, I love you."  I love you, too Madison.  I love you, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment