Saturday, March 19, 2011

How to Get Rich -- QUICK!!

But to the tribe of Levi, Moses had given no inheritance; the Lord, the God of Israel, is their inheritance, as he promised them.  (Joshua 13:33)

My father died, some would say, penniless -- yeah, penniless.  No "reading of the will," no "I bequeath," just "how are we supposed to pay for this?"  Ironically, my father sold life insurance for most of his life.  My father prepared for nothing but his trip to heaven after his death.  There was no inheritance.  That is, unless you count every Sunday in church, the years of Christian school education, the thousands of times I sat red-faced and holding his hand as we said grace (in public or not -- didn't matter), the bedtime prayers, the twice-weekly drives to church for youth group, Pioneer girls, etc....  He was laying out my inheritance right before my eyes from the time I was born!  Without him, I can say with assurance, I would not have the relationship with my Lord and Savior that I have today!

Reading this verse in Joshua the other day, the first thought that came to mind was, "No inheritance?  Really?  Only the best inheritance!" 

Let my prayer always be, more than riches, and land, and health, and earthly success, I keep in my sights on the inheritance my Heavenly Father has for me, and work tirelessly toward such end!  Let me daily fall prostrate before my God, overwhelmingly thankful He is my inheritance!  

No comments:

Post a Comment