Thursday, January 20, 2011

Best Service Call... EVER!



Verizon Employee:  How may I help you today?

Me:  On my most recent bill, it seems I was charged for an "adult feature," at 9:28PM on New Year's Day.

VE:  And no one purchased an adult feature on that day?

Me:  No one has purchased an adult feature on any day, and I'm sure on that day, at that time, I was probably sitting right in front of the TV, watching with my family -- it was New Year's Day!

VE:  Well, hang on a minute and let me see just who was bringing in the New Year like that!

(After some chit-chat, a couple of apologies for the wait, and a few "mmm...nope"s -- "Oh, looks like we got somethin' here")

Me:  Huh?!

VE:  Oh, yeah.  What time did you say?

Me: 9:28

VE:  Yep, 9:28.  Sure it is! Y'all rented the Wild Stallion.  How old are your girls?

Me: (laughing hysterically)  The Wild Stallion?  The Wild Stallion was the movie with that iCarly girl, the one about a wild stallion --

VE:  mm-huh

Me:  No, a real wild stallion!

VE: Y'all doin' the New Year up wild!  You just made my day!  I can't even cut off the call, I'm laughin' so hard...

(Much thanks to that courteous, personable Verizon operator who gave me a great laugh!)

No comments:

Post a Comment